Friday, November 21, 2008

But I thought our cup over-floweth?!?!

So I'm usually like the most trailing indicator of any trend (it took me about 5 years to accept that pointy toed shoes aren't going anywhere and I was 19 before i jumped on "the cell phone bandwagon"), but the economic trends are finally starting worry me. Maybe it's the couple unemployed people whose financial stability I have come to depend on, but I am deeply concerned that every industry is starting to fail. When the housing market went bust, I was relieved to not own a house. Then the car industry asked for a piece of the bailout pie and I was relieved to not own a car. But is the scooter industry next? Will there come a day when having no real financial responsibility short of a few student loans won't be enough? I better keep spending while the getting's good.

In an unrelated note, why does Ashlee Simpson have a baby? She's younger than me. Why does everyone want to get married and have babies (or whichever order the kids are doing it these days)? I mean, you're Ashlee Simpson, you have a new nose, most likely your own place to live, and probably a fair amount of disposable income. And most importantly AT LEAST 20 MORE CHILD BEARING YEARS!!! You can't go back, my friend. Why are people so quick to skip the vital stages of their lives? Sarah's boyfriend asked her to get married and move to Japan with him. SHE'S STILL IN COLLEGE! Does anyone else think it's crazy that people want to get married right out of college? Maybe it's just all the fun I'm having now, but i think a few years of post-collegiate, happy-houring, no savings, gchatting at work all day, talking to strangers in bars, good times is something everyone should have. But that's me.

No comments: