Friday, December 5, 2008

He had kissed a woman, and he had kissed her long and good.

I was watching The Sandlot this morning on HBO and I got to thinking. Those are some good looking boys. It's been like 10 years so I'm sure by now they've turned into good looking men. I wonder what they're up to now.

Here's what I found out:

Wil Horneff - So first I looked up the kid who gets in the fight with Ham. The "You bob for apples in the toilet - and you like it!" guy. He was a good looking kid. And sure enough, totally hot now. He's been in some other stuff, like an episode of CSI and House but his biggest accomplishment seems to be just being very good looking. Congratulations! Oh, and he spent several months in Russia helping underprivaledged children. Also impressive.

Tom Guiry - Oh, Smalls. You are so wonderful. The first time I saw that largely-brimmed hat, I knew I was in love. He is also very attractive now. Way to go, Smalls. I remember seeing him in U-571 and being very sad when he drowned. But he did it so well. I also watched him on the short-lived Black Donnelly show. He had this beard thing working. It was nice. So after reading his IMDB bio, I found out he had a kid when he was 18. Oops. So come on, Tom, make a new movie.

Patrick Renna - Since Sandlot, Hamilton "Ham" Porter's career has really taken off. I'm sure I don't need to remind you that he played the lovable smart ass brother in Son-in-Law, that Pauly Shore masterpiece of film. Come on, The Sandlot, Son In Law, The Big Green...how this guy hasn't gotten some kind of nomination yet is beyond me. And he kinda thinned out. Aces to you, Ham.

Chauncy Leopardi - Squints went on to play the bully on Freaks and Geeks. The Bully! Everybody knows Squints wouldn't hurt a fly. And even more surprising than him being a bully, he's hot. Check out this pic. He's a good looking guy. I'm finally starting to believe he could have really gotten Wendy Peppercorn. I also loved him on Gilmore Girls when he only had one hand. It was moving.

And now, last but not least. Mike Vitar. Benny "The Jet" Rodriquez. Set my heart a flutter. And I am happy to report that he managed to pick a profession even hotter than actor. He is now a L.A. Firefighter. Amazing. Doesn't get better than that. He was also amazing in the last two Mighty Ducks. Maybe I'll do this for Mighty Ducks next. Who wouldn't want to know about them? Unfortunately, no recent pics of Benny were available. But just combine your vision of Benny as a ballplayer with him as a firefighter. I gotta go.

No comments: